Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jason

Nothing I write on the blog seems important compared to the tragic accident on Thursday. Jason Marner was a cousin and good friend of Matt. They lived together, along with Bryce and Dustin, this last year in Harrisonburg. I went to college all 4 years with Jason, at both Hesston College and EMU. I first met him while doing the photography for the Hesston magazine our freshman year, but had gotten to know him a lot better in the last year when he was living with Matt. My parents met Jason in April of 09, and my mom always remembered him as Matt´s cousin who was friendly and had a bright smile. In a nutshell, that was Jason. His death has affected so many people. Steph and I wish we were home so we could grieve with our friends and be around people who understand. Our family here has been nice about it and have prayed for the Marner family, but it feels different because they didn´t know him. It´s constantly in the back of our minds and makes me sick to my stomach. Please pray for Jason´s parents, Stan and Joann, and the rest of his family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment