Friday, June 11, 2010

New Blog!

So I've decided to start a blog! I never thought I would do this, but we'll see how it goes. As many of you know, I'm leaving tomorrow for Guatemala City for 8 weeks. Steph Kanagy and I have been talking about this for months, and although it was somewhat stressful to plan, we're excited to go! We are with the CASAS program, for those of you who know what that is. We will be taking Spanish classes in the afternoons Monday-Friday for the entire time. We are also planning to do nursing volunteer work at a pediatric cardiology surgery center, although that is still somewhat up in the air. I THINK we'll be volunteering in the mornings for the last half of the trip, but as Latin American cultures go, it is subject to change. We are staying in separate host families, which we know nothing about at this point. There is a group of students from Goshen College who are already there and are doing the full 12 week program. Steph and I were only able to do these 8 weeks because we were studying for our nursing exams (which we both passed!). I'll try to write every few days and post some pictures, but I'll see how much time (and internet access) I actually have when we get there. Please pray for safe travels and no sinkholes!

No comments:

Post a Comment