Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things..


Trying new things :) This coconut cost about 50 cents. We actually didn´t like it at all, it´s just warm coconut milk, but it was fun and made for some good pictures. This was at Tikal, so we ended up giving to our bus driver.


Tostadas. There´s a market close to our house, so sometimes we just get off the bus a few stops early to get them before going home. The vendors also sell papusas and arroz con leche (rice with milk.. a hot drink that is really good actually.)


Café con leche. Or, coffee with milk. I get it somewhere almost every day, and it´s usually less than a dollar.


Our walk along the University of San Carlos every day, between buses. There are usually dozens of college students along this sidewalk. I heard that 90,000 students go to the University, but I really don´t know if that´s true. It is a public university, so it is much bigger, and cheaper, than the private universities.


Chocobananas. Why don´t we have these in the US? You can buy them pretty much anywhere for like a quarter. We´ve even made them in class a couple times :)


Doing laundry, a mano, en la pila (by hand, in this sink on the roof). Who wouldn´t want to do laundry with this view?


Dancing. I don´t know if I´ll miss dancing myself, but it´s fun as a part of the culture. This is one of our sisters, Diana, and her friend, Julio. Steph and I have gotten a couple salsa lessons from their friends also, which have been pretty unsuccessful.

best.bakery.ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment