Sunday, August 1, 2010

This week in pictures...


We went to the zoo for class on Tuesday :) This is our teacher, Veronica.

The view of the City from the roof of Tikal Futura (a 5 star hotel\mall). I have no idea who actually stays in the hotel, but there were a lot of people in the mall and food court area.

The Nacional Palacio, in Zone 1. I don´t really know what happens in there. The regular CASAS students had to take classes about Guatemalan history and the government, but I don´t know much about it. I wish I did. I do know that there was a terrible civil war, which ended in 1996, but there is still a lot of corruption in the government. They are getting ready for elections now, but the 2 candidates are the current president´s wife and one of the main guys in their army, so it doesn´t look like there is much hope for change.


The national cathedral. We went downtown with Joseph on Thursday afternoon.


Mary teaching Steph a song on the guitar.


Chinita, Steph, and I at a cousin´s 16th birthday party Saturday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment